Privacy Notice - Data Protection Act 1998
We Townley Grammar School are the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act. We collect information from you and may receive information about you from your previous school and the Learning Records Service. We hold this personal data and use it to:
- Support your teaching and learning;
- Monitor and report on your progress;
- Provide appropriate pastoral care, and
- Assess how well your school is doing.
This information includes your contact details, national curriculum assessment results, attendance information ( Attendance is not collected for pupils under 5 at Early Years Settings or Maintained Schools) and personal characteristics such as your ethnic group, special educational needs and any relevant medical information.
If you are enrolling for post 14 qualifications we will be provided with your unique learner number by the Learning Records Service and may also obtain from them details of any learning or qualifications you have undertaken.
We will not give information about you to anyone outside the school without your consent unless the law and our rules allow us to.
We are required by law to pass some of your information to the Local Authority and the Department for Education (DfE).
If you want to see a copy of the information we hold and share about you then please contact the Head Teacher
If you require more information about how the Local Authority (LA) and/or DfE store and use your information, then please go to the following websites:
If you are unable to access these websites, please contact the LA or DfE as follows:
Data Protection Officer,
Partnerships & Performance,
Hill View Drive,
Kent DA16 3RY
Telephone: 020 8836 8333
Public Communications Unit
Department for Education
Great Smith Street
London SW1P 3BT
Telephone: 0870 000 2288
In addition for Secondary Schools:
- Connexions Services - Once you are aged 13 or over we are required to pass on certain information to the Connexions services. Connexions is the government's support service for all young people aged 13 to 19 in England.
- We must provide both your and your parents(s) name and address, and any further information relevant to the Connexions services’ role. However, you (if you are over 16) or your parents can ask that no information beyond name and address be passed to Connexions.
- Please inform the Head Teacher if you wish to opt-out of this arrangement. For more information about Connexions please go to the LA website shown above.